Help for Children with Development Delays - Birth to Three
WV BIRTH TO THREE CAN HELP!If there are concerns about a child’s development WVBTT can:
- Answer questions about a child’s development to decide if he or she is growing and learning on schedule.
- Offer ideas and assistance to families as they look for ways to understand and help their child’s development.
- Link families to financial or other supports they might need.
- Arrange services to be provided in a family’s home, a baby-sitter’s house, childcare center, grandparents’ house or other place in the community where the child plays, learns, and grows.
- Cognitive: Thinking and learning
- Physical: Moving, seeing, hearing, health
- Social/Emotional: Feelings, coping, getting along with others
- Adaptive: Doing things for him/herself
- Communication: Understanding and communicating with others