Free Braille Training
WHEN YOUR VISION NO LONGER WORKS FOR YOU
NFB of WV CAN HELP!!!
- Can you no longer write and read your shopping list?
- Can you no longer write down an appointment date?
- Can you no longer write down important phone numbers and addresses?
- Do you find yourself waiting for someone with vision to come help you take care of tasks requiring the ability to read and write?
- Can you no longer write a delicious recipe your friend told you about?
- Are there other reading and writing tasks you have had to give up because you can no longer see?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, we can help.
The National Federation of the Blind of West Virginia is please to offer free braille training to anyone interested in finding an alternative way to read and write. The program is offered on a one-on-one basis. There is no cost to the student. Training may be offered in the student’s home or at a designated location agreeable to both the student and tutor.
The student will receive the following:
- Travel money if they travel to the teacher’s location
- Braille instruction book
- Slate & stylus (tools used for writing Braille)
- Braille writing paper
This program is designed to offer the individual who can no longer read and write the freedom to resume these activities.
To enroll in the program or obtain additional information please contact:
Ed McDonald at (304) 788-0129
Funding for this project is made possible by a grant through the West Virginia Division of Rehabilitation Services.