WV Crime Victims’ Rights
- The right to be treated with fairness and with respect for the victim's dignity and privacy.
- The right to be reasonably protected from the accused offender.
- The right to be notified of court proceedings.
- The right to be present at all public court proceedings related to the offense, unless the court determines that testimony by the victim would be materially affected if the victim heard other testimony at trial.
- The right to confer with the attorney for the Government in the case.
- The right to information about the conviction, sentencing, imprisonment, and release of the offender.
If you are the victim or a witness of a crime you have certain rights and are entitled to services which may include compensation. For more information visit the WV Victims Witness Assistance Program