Volunteer in Your Pajamas
Direct Action Welfare Group is looking for virtual volunteers throughout the state of West Virginia to participate in our My Life Project.
DAWG’s My Life Project focuses on the realities of life in West Virginia. What it is like to struggle to fight for economic justice in a state that is historically poor and ignored by the larger society and how individuals and communities are creating their own change to survive and thrive under the current economic conditions. We are looking for contributors from all over the state to share their views, opinions, and community.
- You don’t have to get dressed or leave home to volunteer
- You can volunteer on your own time, even in the middle of the night
DAWG is a statewide organization and needs assistance to make sure our website reflects the issues of the entire state. We are looking for volunteers throughout WV to contribute to our website as part of our My Life Project.
If you do not live in West Virginia but would like to contribute to our website anyway please contact us to discuss it.
- Access to a computer and internet service
- An email account
- Experience with blogging and WordPress a plus but not required
- Experience with creating video and YouTube a plus
- Access to a digital camera a plus
- You will be expected to post at least one article or video per month
- Prefer low income individuals or for you to partner with low income individuals to develop stories and/or video to submit.
- Stories and/or video will concentrate on issues or concerns of low income families in your area of WV.
- Some months there will be a topic DAWG will focus on such as homelessness, food security, access to childcare, etc. You will be expected to develop your submission around that topic on those months.
Perks for You
- You will be fully credited for your submissions
- If you have no experience with WordPress we will provide basic training in submitting articles
- We may provide you with the use of a flipcam and training on how to use it and create videos
- If you have no experience with YouTube we will provide basic training on submitting videos
You will own your submissions and can use them for your own blogs however; DAWG will retain the right to use your submissions on the website, in newsletters, and other electronic and printed materials that will promote the organization and our mission.
You understand this is a volunteer position and you will not receive any monetary compensation from your submissions.